Mt. Juliet, Tenn. – The Mt. Juliet Christmas Parade and Holiday Half Marathon & 5K will have traffic on N. Mt. Juliet Road tied up for most of the midday on Saturday, December 10, 2016. Starting at 10:45 a.m., Mt. Juliet Road will be closed completely to traffic from Charlie Daniels Parkway to W. Wilson Middle School in preparation for the day’s events. Mt. Juliet’s residents and visitors should plan ahead and be aware to avoid being stuck in traffic.
The Mt. Juliet Holiday Half Marathon begins near 10:45 a.m., just after the road closure, followed by the 5K at 10:55 a.m. The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. It is imperative that spectators for the parade and races are parked and off Mt. Juliet Road by 10:45 a.m. In the interest of public safety, parking is prohibited on any sidewalk or grassy area adjacent to the sidewalk during the day.
The following are the traffic restrictions for 12/10/16:
- Mt. Juliet Road will be closed from Charlie Daniels Pkwy to Clearview Dr from 10:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Right northbound lane of N. Mt. Juliet Road will be closed from E. Division St to Clearview Dr from 10:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Right eastbound lane of Lebanon Rd will be closed from N. Mt. Juliet Road – Benders Ferry Rd from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Southbound lane of Golden Bear Gateway will be closed from Lebanon Road to Woodridge Place from 11:20 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
- Golden Bear Gateway will be closed from Woodridge Place to Clemmons Road from 11:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Clemmons Rd will be closed from Curd Rd to E. Division St from 11:40 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Westbound lane of E. Division St will be closed from Clemmons Rd to N. Mt. Juliet Rd from 11:40 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The goal of the Mt. Juliet Police Department is to ensure the safety of motorists, spectators, pedestrians, and participants. If you are attending the parade or races, the police department suggests that you arrive prior to the 10:45 a.m. street closures. This will allow plenty of time to find parking. If you are not attending the parade, you may want to avoid the Mt. Juliet Road corridor to minimize your frustration with the road closure and large volume of traffic.
Parade Information: Mt. Juliet Christmas Parade
Half Marathon & 5K Information: Mt. Juliet Holiday Half Marathon & 5K
Remember, following the parade there will be a large amount of vehicle and pedestrian traffic along Mt. Juliet Road in the center of town. Take your time, and please be considerate. Normally, the traffic following the parade will clear out in approximately 30 minutes. It is estimated that the parade traffic will be clear around 1:30 p.m.
Follow Mt. Juliet Police on Twitter @MtJulietPolice for live and active information regarding the parade & races as they happen.