Thank you for your interest in the Mt. Juliet Police Department Community Chili Cook-off! Here are a couple of tidbits about the day:
Description of Event:
For National Faith & Blue Weekend, the Mt. Juliet Police Department is organizing a Community Chili Cook-Off and Open House. The police department and community will come together in a collaborative effort to build stronger bridges through fellowship. The event will be an excellent opportunity for residents to meet and talk with neighbors, friends, businesses, and members of the police department in a fun, friendly setting at police headquarters while enjoying many different chili recipes. The event will take place on Saturday, October 8, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Mt. Juliet Police Headquarters, located at 1019 Charlie Daniels Parkway.
Groups of friends, families, businesses, and neighborhoods are encouraged to participate in the chili cook-off, and the public is invited to attend, eat chili, and check out police headquarters and equipment. There will be numerous displays of the Mt. Juliet Police Department’s resources and other law enforcement-related equipment and technology.
Representatives for the department will be on-hand to conduct guided tours of police headquarters during the event. Also, a kids’ fun zone will be out on the department’s front lawn.
Those interested in participating in the Chili Cook-off can visit www.mjpdnews.org/chilicookoff for more details.
Timeline of the Event:
- Teams may arrive as early as 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- Teams should be ready to serve their chili by 11:00 a.m. for judging. Serving to the public will begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Judging will be closed at 1:30 p.m. and winners will be announced shortly after.
- Clean-up should begin at 2:30 p.m. All teams are required to pack up and clean up their respective areas.
- Business Team – First Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Business Team – Second Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Group of Friends – First Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Group of Friends – Second Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Family Team – First Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Family Team – Second Place (judged by a panel of guest judges)
- Peoples Choice (judged by public voting bin)
- Spiciest Chili (judged by public voting bin)
- Most Unique Chili (judged by public voting bin)
- Chiefs’ Award (judged by Police Chief Hambrick and Fire Chief Luffman)
Items Teams Will Need to Bring:
- This is a free event, and there is not an entry fee.
- Minimum of 4 quarts of Chili (any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices, and other ingredients)
- Method of serving chili or soup by 11:00 a.m.
- A way to keep the chili warm/hot at a safe temperature of 150 degrees (electricity is not available)
- Chili booths will be outside. Please bring a table, chairs, popup tent, etc…
Items MJPD Will Provide:
- Chili Eating Spoons
- Trash Cans
- Water & Other Drinks