Mt. Juliet, Tenn. – The Mt. Juliet Christmas Parade and Holiday Half Marathon & 5K will have traffic on N. Mt. Juliet Road tied up for most of the midday on Saturday, December 9, 2017. Starting at 10:45 a.m., Mt. Juliet Road will be closed completely to traffic from Charlie Daniels Parkway to W. Wilson Middle School in preparation for the day’s events. Mt. Juliet’s residents and visitors should plan ahead and be aware to avoid being stuck in traffic.
The Mt. Juliet Holiday Half Marathon begins near 10:45 a.m., just after the road closure, followed by the 5K at 10:55 a.m. The parade begins at 11:00 a.m. It is imperative that spectators for the parade and races are parked and off Mt. Juliet Road by 10:45 a.m. In the interest of public safety, parking is prohibited on any sidewalk or grassy area adjacent to the sidewalk during the day.
The following are the traffic restrictions for 12/9/17:
- Mt. Juliet Road will be closed from Charlie Daniels Pkwy to Clearview Dr from 10:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Right northbound lane of N. Mt. Juliet Road will be closed from Clearview Dr to Old Mt. Juliet Rd (road behind Valley Center Shopping Center) from 10:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Right eastbound lane of Lebanon Rd will be closed from N. Mt. Juliet Road – Benders Ferry Rd from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Southbound lanes of Golden Bear Gateway will be closed from Lebanon Road to Rutland Drive from 11:20 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Westbound lane of E. Division St will be closed from Rutland Dr to Clemmons Rd from 11:40 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Old Lebanon Dirt Rd will be closed from Old Mt. Juliet Rd (road behind Valley Center Shopping Center) to E. Division St from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The goal of the Mt. Juliet Police Department is to make sure the safety of motorists, spectators, pedestrians, and participants. If you are attending the parade or races, the police department suggests that you arrive prior to the 10:45 a.m. street closures. This will allow plenty of time to find parking. If you are not attending the parade, you may want to avoid the Mt. Juliet Road corridor to reduce your frustration with the road closure and large volume of traffic.
Parade Information: Mt. Juliet Christmas Parade
Half Marathon & 5K Information: Mt. Juliet Holiday Half Marathon & 5K
Remember, after the parade there will be a large amount of vehicle and pedestrian traffic along Mt. Juliet Road in the center of town. Take your time, and please be considerate. Normally, the traffic after the parade will clear out in about 30 minutes. It is estimated that the parade traffic will be clear around 1:30 p.m.
Follow Mt. Juliet Police on Twitter @MtJulietPolice for live and active information about the parade & races as they happen.
Overview of the parade start and participant drop-off site at West Wilson Middle School:
Overview of the parade ending and participant pick-up site at Mt. Juliet Middle School: