Are you interested in making one too?
Mt. Juliet, Tenn. – Reserve police officers are an important part of the team at the Mt. Juliet Police Department, and the department is looking for dedicated individuals who want to be involved in law enforcement and public safety. Are you looking for a meaningful and challenging opportunity that helps keep Mt. Juliet safe? If so, consider applying for the Mt. Juliet Police Department’s reserve police officer program.
Reserve officers provide a vital role in supplementing the sworn personnel in essential public safety operations. Every volunteer police officer performs a myriad of duties such as assisting in patrol operations, deploying during natural or man-made disasters, protecting the integrity of crime scenes, assisting with crowd & traffic control during special events, and provide security during municipal court and other city events.
Mt. Juliet Police reserve officers come from a variety of backgrounds that enhances the Mt. Juliet Police Department with their unique sets of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Currently, there are IT specialists, accountants, large company executives, and reserve and retired military officers in the rich mix of the reserve force. A blend of retirees and employed, the reserve officers are individuals who like to learn, have the time to commit, and are dedicated to serving their community. Once reserve officer candidates pass rigorous background checks, they are required to undergo training conducted by police instructors in Mt. Juliet two evenings a week and a few Saturdays a month during a 20 week academy slated to begin in April 2013.
The Mt. Juliet Police Department is now accepting applications for Reserve Police Officer. To learn more about the program, the Reserve Program is hosting an information session on Thursday, March 7th, 2013 at 6:30PM at Mt. Juliet Police Headquarters. Those who are interested in the program and feel they meet the qualifications are more than welcome to attend. If you cannot make the information session, you should contact Sgt. Chandler at (615) 773-6260 for application procedures. The application period will close on Friday, March 15th, 2013 at 5:00PM.
Potential reserve officer applicants must meet similar qualifications as full-time police officers, which include:
Reserve Police Officer Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 Years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor involving moral turpitude as the term is defined by law, and not having been released or discharged other than honorable conditions from any of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Must have his or her fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
- Must pass a medical examination by a licensed physician
- Must pass a drug screen by a licensed physician
- Must have a good moral character as determined by a background investigation
- Must be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnosis and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Third Edition (DSM-11) of the American Psychiatric Association, and must be certified as meeting the criteria by a qualified professional in psychiatric and psychological fields
- Must possess a valid Tennessee drivers license