Mt. Juliet Ranks Among the 10 Safest Cities in Tennessee in Real Estate Survey

Mt. Juliet, Tenn. – Mt. Juliet has been ranked as one of the 10 safest places in Tennessee after a recent study of FBI crime statistics of Tennessee cities.

5KRun

Movoto Real Estate completed the study and released its ranking of the 10 Safest Places in Tennessee on Tuesday, and Mt. Juliet landed the sixth spot. Germantown in West Tennessee topped the list.  The rankings were created using the FBI’s 2012 Crime Report. Researchers evaluated violent crimes, property crimes, and the chances of residents becoming a victim of crime. Those three categories were weighted, with violent crime accounting for 50 percent, property crime accounting for 30 percent, and the chances of being a crime victim accounting for 20 percent.

“It’s nice to know that our city was recognized by the independent study as being one of the safest in Tennessee,” stated Police Chief James Hambrick. “We have a great police force and strong support from our elected officials, but it’s our people and community that create such a safe environment. Everybody cares about each other here.”

After the study, Movoto found “this fast-growing Nashville suburb is another spot in Tennessee that’s managing to keep its crime rate down while expanding at a rapid pace” in terms of reported crime.

View the full list at: http://www.movoto.com/tn/safest-places-in-tennessee/

Movoto Contact: Nick Johnson Email: NJohnson@movoto.com

###